» Site Navigation

» Find Us On

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don?t give dead flowers!

I think I'd rather give someone a nice plant anyway, flowers seem like a pretty depressing gift to me 'cause they're usually dead within a week.

It's a shame potted plants don't have the same romantic connotations as a bunch of flowers, I don't think my girlfriend would be too impressed if I presented her with a massive tomato plant but it'd certainly live longer!

Perhaps if plants were marketed differently, as metaphors for longer lasting love? :P
    Visit Rapanui's Eco Fashion page to discover a wealth of information about environmentally friendly clothing.

Flowers make us feel rewind and happy. I do believe that as much as possible it should be fresh every time we give it to someone. Dead flowers aren't look good and not appreciated all the time. It should looks neater and very appealing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EcoDave View Post
    I think I'd rather give someone a nice plant anyway, flowers seem like a pretty depressing gift to me 'cause they're usually dead within a week.

It's a shame potted plants don't have the same romantic connotations as a bunch of flowers, I don't think my girlfriend would be too impressed if I presented her with a massive tomato plant but it'd certainly live longer!

Perhaps if plants were marketed differently, as metaphors for longer lasting love? :P
    Yeah, I think some marketing would help. Possibly some packaging for live flowers that's geared towards giving them, like a temporary vase or pot that's easier to carry to the door and give to someone without spilling dirt everywhere.
    Greener People for a Greener World TM

It is still better to give and receive fresh flowers. But just wondering if dead flowers you're talking about here are those ornamental ones. Although when you cut flowers or buy fresh flowers surely it will die after a week because you cannot make it live that long now matter how much you take good care of it.

Another point is not to pick wild flowers, you never know if they are rare, and it's best not to upset the ecosystem.
    I hate to admit it but I love receiving flowers we get some lovely local organic flowers at our Wednesday market. Always daffs in spring- good job I love yellow. And what's better than growing your own hyacinths indoors, or waiting for your sunflower to sprout and grow in the garden.
    Organic Baby Clothes - the best option for your baby

I love cut flowers but do like receiving potted plants which do last much longer and apparently potted plants are very good for the indoor environment especially if you have electrical equipment in the room such as computers. Pot plants win hands down with me.

Debbie

i only buy potted plants and flowers and plant them in my backyard if i have to, its funnyhow people give roses to others for love and mothers day, pretty much they are giving dead flowers lol
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    Confucius lesbian dating blog

I definitely agree! =)

I love flowers especially sent by friend or family members. It's an evident of showing romance and care. We need followers. After all, they could be grown in bulks.
    SHENLING green tableware, your best choice.
    For more inf, please visit the sitehttp://www.biodegradabletableware.com.cn/

Blog Entries

I agree there is no better gift than a live potted plant and its a great way to improve the air quality in your home! Make it even greener of a gift by growing it yourself potted plants are a great gift for any occasion and will reduce your consumer buying! I'm growing potted cooking herbs in my green house this year for the ultimate Christmas gifts now that's planning ahead!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast