» Site Navigation

» Find Us On

Thread: Can you share with us your average kwh per day electricity usage?

Default Can you share with us your average kwh per day electricity usage?

I don't know if you would like to share it here but if you can please do. For the last 3 months I was kinda frustrated because my electric bill went up but my consumption as far as I know still the same as before. I don't know if it has to do with the additional charges that they put into. Last May my usage was 14 kwh per day but now it went up to 19 kwh per day so I was so frustrated. How about you guys?

Blog Entries

Mine is about 30 kwh per day on average. My current goal is to try to get my average under 24 kwh per day. It's tough because we have an electric water heater and dryer and when they kick in it they use a lot of electricity. The water heater alone uses 5 kwh per day when nobody is home!
    Greener People for a Greener World TM

Blog Entries

If your interested in seeing my actually usage, I have a power meter hooked up to my house.

http://www.hourangle.com (The web page might be a little slow so be patient.)

It has three sensors:

MTU1 is the whole house.
    MTU2 is just the water heater.
    MTU3 is the dryer.

110327-1309 EDT

My total for 2010 was 14343 KWH
    This is an average daily rate of 39.29 KWH/day.

If I work hard at reduction I can get down to somewhat less than 30 KWH/day.

My average total cost per KWH is about 13.5 cents currently.

From data I collected last 3 October 2010 my night time average load was about 1 KW, during the day 1.5 to 2 KW, and maximum daytime peaks not greater than 4 KW. The energy consumption for that day was about 34 KWH.

With considerable capital equipment investment my average consumption could be reduced by 25% or more.

Default daily average kwh

Solar water heat and an efficient refrigerator help but electric cooking hurts and give give us a a reasonable but not fantastic 9-10 kwh per day use of electricity. We do not us AC or electric heat which helps with our energy profile and CF lights provide us with light. We line dry our cloths as well.
    Electricity in Hawaii is fairly expensive at about 27c /kwh this last month so we have incentive to save.

Blog Entries

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to add an update. I'm now down to 20 kwh per day. Here's how I got it down:

• Our electric dryer died and and we bought a propane dryer. It's much more efficient at drying our clothes and much cheaper than the electricity used by the old electric one.
    • I sealed the cement walls in my basement so the dehumidifier doesn't run anywhere near what it used to.
    • I moved my office out of the house and into an office building so no one is home during the day now and my computer isn't there anymore.

Probably the biggest savings was the dehumidifier. I'm not sure how much it was using but if I turn it off it saves a significant amount of electricity. It's an energy star one too... If you need a dehumidifier in your house, try to get one with an electronic humidity control so you can set the desired humidity and it will only run when it needs to.

Anybody else want to share their average kwh per day?

My average daily consumption is 10 kwh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenbrick View Post
    My average daily consumption is 10 kwh
    Wow, are you in a house or apartment?