» Site Navigation

» Find Us On

Poll: Do you think cash for clunkers is a good program?

Thread: Is cash for clunkers a good program?

Blog Entries

Question Is cash for clunkers a good program?

Do you think cash for clunkers is a good program?
    Greener People for a Greener World TM

Blog Entries

Personally, I think if they were going to give away cash for buying new cars it should be for hybrids, electric cars and clean diesels that get over 35 MPG. Of course, this would exclude most American made cars and I think the bill was designed to get these cars moving off the lot and help the big 3 auto makers much more so than to improve fuel economy. Aggressive programs like this one obviously get people to buy new cars so why not truly put the money to good use and design the program to sell truly fuel efficient vehicles instead of catering to Detroit auto makers. They dropped the ball with their poor strategy and leadership so they either need to adapt quickly or pay the consequences. Time to end this practice of privatizing profits and socializing losses. It encourages corporations to take excessive risk to increase profits because there are minimal consequences when things fall apart. This hurts the people who pay taxes and steals money out of the pockets of schools, public transportation and other government programs that make the world a better place.
    Greener People for a Greener World TM

On a lake in the beautiful mountains of Kentucky

Default It could have been better

I think that cash for clunkers in of it's self was ok. But I believe that it could have made a much greater impact if, it had been geared mo toward buying autos that where more enviormentely friendly.

Instead of being able to buy "almost" any vehicle it should have been geared more towards buying vehicles that had either much higher gas mileage or a conversion vehicle. By this I mean a vehicle that is either electric drive or any other alternitive fuel perpulsion.

I agree! =) Good point....

it depends on who you give it too.

I agree with you, Zach. Cash for clunkers wasn't quite the best idea because you're right, it just made the big automakers make more money (or not lose so much). It'd be good to have incentives for more eco-friendly cars instead. Help people save money and do something good for the environment at the same time, that's a good setup.

Well, I think that today's the time when protecting heritage is very important. The format of cash for clunkers is really great in my point of view. The reason for this is that people will come forward to sellout their clunkers for money which can further be categorized as useful for future or is good for recycle. This system decline the waste clunkers left untouched and remained untouched marking it as a waste and pollute the environment.